Monday, February 11, 2013

'Unconditional' Love...

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.” 
― Bruce Lee


The Webster Dictionary defines the word 'Unconditional' as not conditioned or limited. And the term 'Unconditional Love' means to love someone regardless of any actions or beliefs. 

"Mother's  love" best describes this form of love as it is boundless and unchanging.

This form of love is selfless, with no thought of benefit for oneself. The 'give-and-take' policy does not apply here. Most  importantly, there are no 'expectations' from the receiver. 

Earlier I was a staunch believer in Conditional Love. I used to believe that one should give out as much as one receives. Loving in breaks and gasps, so that one would never run out of the 'love-stock'. But I was wrong. Conditional Love is a little painful. It leads to taking things for granted and too much of hurtful possessiveness. Expectations and assumptions always create chaos. 

Loving someone 'freely' is unconditional love. Now on, it is my life's mantra. No matter what I get or don't , no matter what has happened or will happen or won't, I will love unconditionally. 

Keep loving... but unconditionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment